The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 Switches offers Gigabit connectivity to the Cisco hardened switching portfolio with superior high-bandwidth switching capacity and proven Cisco IOS software. The IE 4000 series provides highly secure access and industry-leading convergence ring protocols to support resilient and scalable networks while adhering to industry compliance requirements.
The IE 4000 series is right for industrial Ethernet applications where rugged products are required, including manufacturing, energy, transportation, and smart cities. The IE4000 has a built-in software image verification to ensure the authenticity of Cisco software. With improved overall performance, increased bandwidth, advanced security measures , and improved hardware, the Cisco IE 4000 series complements the prevailing Industrial Ethernet portfolio of related Cisco industrial switches, like the Cisco IE 2000, IE 3200, IE 3300, and IE. 3400.
The IE 4000 series are often wont to easily and securely extend the enterprise network to harsh environments with a software-defined access extension for Internet of Things (IoT) that permits connectivity in outdoor areas, warehouses, centers of distribution, roads, etc., using powerful enterprise-grade intent-based network management platform such as Cisco DNA Center.
Cisco IE 4000 are often easily installed with a GUI-based Device Manager and also offers an out-of-the-box industrial configuration and simplified manageability to supply advanced voice, video, and security services over industrial networks.
Features and Benefits:
Robust industrial design:
- Hardened to resist vibration, shock, power surges and noise.
- Rugged dual-ring design via 4 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports.
- Meets multi-industry specifications for automation, ITS, and substation environments.
- Improves uptime, performance, and security of industrial systems and equipment.
- Equipped with a compact form factor that complies with DIN rail, ideal for industrial deployment.
- Covers a good range of Power over Ethernet (PoE) application requirement
- Easy to use GUI device manager:
- Allows easy configuration and monitoring through a web-based device manager.
- Eliminates the necessity for more complex emulation programs.
- Reduces the cost of implementation.
- Multiple language support: English, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Spanish.
SwapDrive: “zero configuration” override:
- Simple replacement of the switch in case of failure.
- No networking experience required.
- Helps ensure speedy recovery.
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) 4000 Series offers:
- Bandwidth and capacity to grow with your network needs: 20 Gbps non-blocking switching capacity with up to 20 Gigabit Ethernet ports per switch
- High-density industrial PoE / PoE + support providing inline power to up to 8 power devices, including IP phones and cameras, credential readers, wireless access points, and more.
- Cisco IOS software features for seamless IT integration and policy consistency
- Robust endurance enabled by dual ring design via 4 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, Rugged Ethernet Protocol (REP), Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP), PROFINET ring – Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP), ring ring High Availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR), EtherChannel and Flex Links Support, redundant power input, dying gasp, etc.
- True non-contact replacement for failures in the middle of the night or in the middle of nowhere
Cisco ONE software
Cisco ONE software offers a simplified consumption model, focused on common customer scenarios in industrial automation and extended business environments.
Cisco ONE software and services provide customers with four main benefits:
- Software packages that address typical customer usage scenarios at an attractive price
- Investment protection for software purchases through license portability enabled by software services.
- Access to continuous innovation and new technology with Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS)
- Flexible licensing models to seamlessly distribute customer software spending over time.